Looper

December 2, 2021

It's been a while!!!  And life sucks as always in some way or the other right. And hence the blogging...

You think you're getting better every day only to realize that you're stuck in a loop at the same place forever. What are the odds? Or is it commonplace? 

It seems like ages ago since my alma-mater iiserb, meeting some of the best people in my life, studying science and moreover learning about myself, falling for someone, getting obsessed, and then ruining it altogether, living in regret, watching your best friend leave you for someone else........and trying to move on. I always wanted to tell them that I've made peace with it and maybe I should have been a bit softer. But that's life right, you learn from your mistakes. 

It's been said that "A wise person learns from his mistakes but a wiser one learns from the mistakes of others. " It feels like I'm a fool who can't even learn from his previous mistakes. 


It usually takes a significant amount of time for me to build trust and make friends and I guess I've found 'My People' here, and some I thought so to be.

One thing apart from the academics that keeps us busy here in Essex is the different societies. And one of the societies with the coolest people I found was the CathSoc, (Yea it's surprising to hear that a person like me would join any religious society) but It's the most welcoming place I felt and met a bunch of really good folks. The first of them I met on here was Claudia (hailing from Guatemala, I didn't even know this country existed xD) on cathSoc and she's really a great person, It's funny how you get so curious about someone from the other side of the world with an entirely different culture and get to know more about them. And recently I met her friend Santiago (hailing from Colombia) and it was cool to know we were both avid football fans (and also since James Rodriguez, the Colombian footballer was one of my idols back then 2014-17). Another person that I met was this talented musician friend Gabriela(hailing from Poland). It was an amazing time for a while and I was blessed to learn some piano lessons and have a good time learning about the European culture. But it passed sooner than I expected, I guess we never choose people, people choose us. And from previous life experiences, I've learnt to let things go and make peace with them. Some other kind-hearted people that I met were Faraz(cool and straightforward), Ana(workaholic and helpful) and Sagar(emotional and very innocent), my Copse(accommodation name) buddies. Apart from these, I have my study mates that I hang out with most days in uni, and now they've become more than just study buddies, Ajay and Tanu. I'm proud that I've met some of the best people here and hopefully they stick around for long. Nothing comes close to my 3.5 men group though! X

Comments

Popular Posts